Wednesday 10 August 2016
Wednesday, 10 August 2016
Items of Business
09.12 Recommended Item from Audit Committee - Audit Committee Annual Report 2015-2016
Attachment :....... 2015-2016 Audit Committee Annual Report...................... 4
09.13 Recommended Item from Audit Committee - Legislative Compliance 2015-2016
10.03 Cultural Plan 2016-2019
Attachment 2:..... PMHC Cultural Plan......................................................... 24
· A community that has the opportunity to be involved in decision making.
· Open, easy, meaningful, regular and diverse communication between the community and decision makers.
· Partnerships and collaborative projects, that meet the community’s expectations needs and challenges.
· Knowledgeable, skilled and connected community leaders.
· Strong corporate management that is transparent.
How do we get there?
1.1 Engage the community in decision making by using varied communication channels that are relevant to residents.
1.2 Create professional development opportunities and networks to support future community leaders.
1.3 Create strong partnerships between all levels of government and their agencies so that they are effective advocates for the community.
1.4 Demonstrate conscientious and receptive civic leadership.
1.5 Implement innovative, fact based business practices.
we trying to achieve? Our social infrastructure and
community programs create a healthy, inclusive and vibrant community.
What are we trying to achieve?
Our social infrastructure and community programs create a healthy, inclusive and vibrant community.
· Community hubs which provide access to services and social connections.
· Services that support an ageing community to live in a way that they desire.
· Available and accessible preventative health and medical services.
· A safe, caring and connected community.
· A healthy and active community that is supported by recreational infrastructure
· A strong community that is able to identify and address social issues.
· Community participation in events, programs, festivals and activities.
How do we get there?
2.1 Create an environment and culture that allows the Port Macquarie-Hastings community to feel safe.
2.2 Provide young people with a range of leisure activities and opportunities for personal development.
2.3 Provide medical and social services for all members of the community.
2.4 Develop partnerships within the community to build on existing strengths and improve areas of social disadvantage.
2.5 Create events and activities that promote interaction and education.
2.6 Provide social and community infrastructure and services.
2.7 Empower the community to be active and involved in community life.
2.8 Promote cultural and artistic expression.
2.9 Promote a healthy lifestyle through education, support networks and facilities.